Cloud based storage hosts critical data on dedicated remote servers and can be securely accessed via a broadband internet connection.
What Is Cloud Based Storage?
Cloud based storage allows data to be kept on remote servers and accessed over the internet or a specialized private network connection. The cloud storage service provider operates, secures, maintains, and manages the storage infrastructure. Data storage on the cloud is typically backed up daily (with some providers offering hourly backups), and copies of data backups are stored at several physical locations nationwide (also called data centers). This means no more stress and worrying over loss of data due to floods, hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes, and other natural disasters. In addition to protecting data from natural disasters, cloud data storage solutions feature enhanced security protection from hackers, and other unauthorized access. Data stored in the cloud can be accessed securely from anywhere.
Microsoft Azure Government
One data storage option that is designed specifically for US government agencies is offered by Microsoft and is called Azure Government. Microsoft Azure Government is used by the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Department of Defense Field Activities, all of the United States military branches (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and Coast Guard) and many law enforcement agencies nationwide.
Cloud Vs. On Premise: Which is Better for Law Enforcement Agencies?
Cloud storage is the superior alternative to on premise storage for law enforcement agencies looking to improve efficiency and evidence security. Law enforcement agencies can easily upload digital evidence using a secure internet connection. Cloud video storage allows officers to easily upload video evidence instantaneously without needing to connect to a port physically connect. All LensLock solutions use the secure and FBI-CJIS compliant cloud storage offered by the Microsoft Azure Government Cloud.
Top 5 Benefits of Using LensLock’s Cloud-Based Storage for Law Enforcement.
1. DATA ACCESSIBILITY: Evidence in the cloud can be securely accessed at any time, from anywhere with an internet connection.
2. LOW COST OF OPERATIONS: Cloud-based storage can help cut back on the cost of operations for law enforcement agencies. Cloud storage solutions offer their own team of IT and security professionals that help monitor and protect access to the law enforcement data, ensuring uninterrupted access.
3. HARDWARE / SOFTWARE COSTS: Cloud-based storage solutions save law enforcement agencies time and money spent on storage hardware and software upgrades, which could be very costly over time.
4. SECURE ONLINE SHARING: Sharing data between law enforcement agencies, the District Attorney’s office, media outlets and other government agencies is simple and secure.
5. CHAIN OF CUSTODY REPORTING: LensLock’s LensLocker™ Digital Evidence Management System ensures law enforcement agencies have full insight into any person accessing digital evidence within or outside of the organization (including LensLock’s support staff) via Chain of Custody Reporting. LensLocker™ administrators can easily review who had access to the digital evidence and when.
Complete the form to download your own On-Premise vs Cloud data storage infographic guide and learn more about the LensLocker™ Evidence Management System.